Special Summer Museum Hours:
June 13 - September 5, 2016
Monday - Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Regular Museum Hours
Tuesday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Museum will be closed on Saturday, May 21 for the Make + Believe Family Gala.
The Museum will be closed on Monday, June 6.
The Museum will be closed September 8 – 23 for our annual maintenance.
The Museum is closed on Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and for two weeks in September for maintenance.
|1-64 yrs.||6-12 mos.||64+yrs.||all|
- We accept cash, checks, AMEX, MC & VISA. An ATM is available in the Entry Pavilion.
- Planning to visit 3 or more times this year? Buy a membership - it will pay for itself in just three visits! You can also apply the cost of your visit toward a membership on the day you visit.
- Visiting the Museum with more than 10 kids? Make a group reservation and save! Group reservations must be made two weeks in advance through our online reservation form. Learn more about our Programs for Schools & Teachers here.
- 1:5 Adult to Child Ratio: To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, the Bay Area Discovery Museum requires all groups to maintain a minimum supervisory ratio of one adult for every five children at all times. We reserve the right to turn away visitors who do not comply with this 1:5 adult to child ratio.
Free and Discounted Admission
Free First Wednesday
Join us for free on the first Wednesday of each month. Sponsored by ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan. (Note: Due to capacity issues, group visits are not available on Free First Wednesdays. No groups of 10 or more are allowed. To ensure safety and comfort of all visitors, the Bay Area Discovery Museum requires all groups to maintain a minimum supervisory ratio of one adult for every five children at all times.)
Active Military Discounts
We offer free admission to one child and one adult with an active military ID.
Partner Membership Discounts
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry for the following:
- Automobile Association of America (AAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- Association of Children's Museums (ACM): Discounted admission to members of other children's museums may be available depending on your membership level - check your membership card for the ACM sticker.
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC): The ASTC Passport Program gives members free general admission to over 300 institutions located outside a 90-mile radius of your residence. Check your membership card for the ASTC logo.
- California Alumni Association (CAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- KQED: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- UCSF: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people