General admission: $11
Infants under 6 months: free
"5 children, ages 19 months-11 years old, loved it! Lots of different activities. Wonderful area, wonderful scene & wonderful staff! We will return." - Visitor comment December 7, 2013
Planning to visit 3 or more times this year? Buy a membership - it will pay for itself in just three visits! You can also apply the cost of your visit toward a membership on the day you visit.
We accept cash, checks, AMEX, MC & VISA. An ATM is available in the Entry Pavilion. Please note: unless explicitly stated, Museum admission is not included with tickets purchased for programs, performances or events.
Group Visits: Learn more about rates for school, day care and community groups.
Entrances to all exhibition halls are wheelchair accessible.
Tuesday - Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Monday, except when noted.
The Museum is closed on Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and for two weeks in September for maintenance (September 9 - 23, 2013).
Open Select Mondays
- Monday, December 23, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday, December 30, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Wednesday, December 25 (Christmas)
- Wednesday, January 1, 2014 (New Year's Day) – No January Free Day
- Tuesday, December 31, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Please join us for free on the first Wednesday of each month for a full day of creative and fun experiences for all.
Fiscal Year 2014: September 4, 2013, October 2, 2013, November 6, 2013, December 4, 2013, February 5, 2014, March 5, 2014, April 2, 2014, May 7, 2014, June 4, 2014, July 2, 2014 and August 6, 2014.
Did you know: In fiscal year 2012 we welcomed 17,967 visitors to our Free First Wednesdays.
Learn more about how we strive to provide creative play for all children through our Celebrating Community program, offering subsidized admission and special programs to over 45,000 visitors annually.
Please note: Due to capacity issues, group visits are not available on Free First Wednesdays.
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry.
- $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people: Automobile Association of America (AAA); California Alumni Association (CAA); KQED; UCSF
- Association of Children's Museums (ACM) Discounted admission to members of other children's museums may be available depending on your membership level - check your membership card for the ACM sticker.
- Active Duty Discount: One adult and one child get in free per military ID.
- Join our email list and get a coupon for $1 off your visit, up to 5 people.
Request a Donation
The Museum fulfills hundreds of donation requests from school and community organizations each year. We will provide two passes good for five admissions each (total value: $110) to not-for-profit organizations for fundraising events that are not religious or political in nature.
Please note: we are unable to donate other offerings, such as memberships or camps.
As we are a not-for-profit, we do not receive any tax-deduction for our donation to your organization, so we do not require a receipt. Please feel free to save the postage and printing.