Creativity at the Museum
At the Bay Area Discovery Museum, we defined the creative process to include the following five actions:
- Explore: Inquiry, experimentation, problem identification, adaptive reasoning
- Discover: Original thought, novelty, discovery
- Immerse: Absorption, focus, immersion, engagement, flow
- Imagine: Inspiration, fantasy, narrative
- Connect: Pattern recognition, synthesis, connecting disparate ideas and phenomena
We invite you to dig deeper and learn how the creative process is nurtured throughout our exhibitions, and how you can bring this philosophy into your own home.