Q. Does the Museum offer discounted or free admission?
Free First Wednesday
Please join us for free on the first Wednesday of each month for a full day of creative and fun experiences for all. Due to capacity issues, group visits are not available on Free First Wednesdays. Sponsored by
Free Admission to Military Personnel
Did you know that we are a Blue Star Museum? We are one of more than 2,000 museums nationwide offering free admission to active duty military personnel. Free admission is given to to active duty military, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, National Guard and Reserve members, with up to five family members.
Partner Membership Discounts
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry for the following:
- Automobile Association of America (AAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- Association of Children's Museums (ACM): Discounted admission to members of other children's museums may be available depending on your membership level - check your membership card for the ACM sticker.
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC): The ASTC Passport Program gives members free general admission to over 300 institutions located outside a 90-mile radius of your residence. Check your membership card for the ASTC logo.
- California Alumni Association (CAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- KQED: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- UCSF: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
Q: Can I request a donation?
The Museum fulfills hundreds of donation requests from school and community organizations each year. We will provide two passes good for five admissions each (total value: $110) to not-for-profit organizations for fundraising events that are not religious or political in nature.
Please note: we are unable to donate other offerings, such as memberships or camps.
As we are a not-for-profit, we do not receive any tax-deduction for our donation to your organization, so we do not require a receipt. Please feel free to save the postage and printing.