Discount Admission Options
Q: Are there opportunities for visitors to receive discounted or free admission?
A: The Museum welcomes all families. If you are unable to pay the full admission price, we offer a number of Family Access Programs.
- Free First Wednesdays: The Museum offers free admission every first Wednesday of the month. Sponsored by ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan.
- Free Festivals: The Museum holds several free public festivals and community events throughout the year. To find out what’s coming up, click here.
- Join our email list to get a coupon for $1 off your visit, up to 5 people.
- Most libraries throughout the Bay Area offer a Museum membership card you can check out with you library card. Check with your local branch for details. Brought to you by ScholarShare.
- Open Door Policy: If you are unable to pay the full admission price, simply pay what you can.
- Apply for a Family Access Membership.
Q: How can I request a donation of admission passes to my school or organization for a fundraiser?
A: The Museum fulfills hundreds of donation requests from school and community organizations each year. We will provide two passes good for five admissions each (total value: $110) to not-for-profit organizations for fundraising events that are not religious or political in nature.
Please note: we are unable to donate other offerings, such as memberships or camps.
As we are a not-for-profit, we do not receive any tax-deduction for our donation to your organization, so we do not require a receipt. Please feel free to save the postage and printing.