The Bay Area Discovery Museum is dedicated to providing an exceptional, safe, and fun educational experience for all our visitors. Volunteers at the Museum provide essential services that enhance the experience of our guests and visitors while at the same time playing and having fun.
We value the time and contributions our volunteers provide and offer a variety of opportunities for the young and young-at-heart to share their many skills and talents with our organization. The Museum welcomes all creative and enthusiastic individuals who want to enrich the lives of children and help inspire the future generations of creative thinkers and innovators.
Come be part of the fun and volunteer at the Bay Area Discovery Museum!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Visitor Experience Volunteers
Join our team of Visitor Experience Volunteers. Visitor Experience Volunteers help in all areas of the museum from greeting visitors at the door to playing with our young visitors in exhibit areas. Volunteers might help:
- Greet Visitors
- Assist in the Art studio
- Help in the museum store
- Play with our young visitors in our exhibit areas.
Tuesday – Sunday
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Requirements for all Volunteers:
- Complete on-line volunteer application and interview.
- Consent to a background check.
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Commit to completing 40 hours within a 3 month period.
- Be on your feet and able to move from place to place for up to four hours at a time in all types of weather.
- Be fun, flexible, and reliable.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Immersion in child-directed teaching approach.
- Complete service learning hours.
- Rewarding opportunity to share your skills and talents.
- Create networking opportunities.
- A 10% discount coupon at the Discovery Store.
- Having fun while enriching the lives of children and families.
If you are interested in current volunteer opportunities, please contact Danni Pascuma, public programs manager at dpascumabadmorg.