The Bay Area Discovery Museum and the Center for Childhood Creativity are seeking a marketing intern to provide support for the Earned Revenue and Project Management Department. The intern will work closely with all members of the communications staff to develop and execute marketing strategy. Interns have the opportunity to be exposed to all areas of museum marketing, including print, direct email campaigns, research and the creative process. The intern will be given several long term projects that will enhance their understanding and development in the field of marketing, public relations and non-profit management.
- Implement marketing tactics related to publicity, advertising and promotions
- Maintain records of press clippings and media coverage
- Conduct research needed for various marketing projects
- Research and execute social media strategy, including reputation monitoring (Yelp etc.), blogging, online community outreach (Facebook), online photo & video creation for Flickr, YouTube etc.
- Membership program tactics and analysis
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media networks
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & iMovie desired
- Ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently (Candidate must understand that work tasks may change daily.)
- Marketing and/or Public Relations coursework a plus.
- Willingness to assist as needed in on-site and off-site events
- Able to work 8-10 hours a week (minimum)
The Bay Area Discovery Museum and the Center for Childhood Creativity can work with the university to provide course credit. The internship will offer an enriching experiencing that will be both beneficial to the intern and the Museum.
How to apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resume:
- A cover letter that states availability (i.e., start and end date, days of the week available, full time, etc.), area of interests and reasons for wanting to intern with the Museum, including what you hope to gain from the experience and what we may expect from you. If this internship will be for academic credit, please include the academic requirements for internships at the institution you are attending including the name and contact information for your intern advisor.
- Resume of your employment, volunteer, intern and academic experience.
Marketing and Communication Coordinator
Bay Area Discovery Museum
557 McReynolds Rd
Sausalito, CA 94965-2614